Ridge53 - the leading backpack brand in Ireland
Where did the name Ridge53 come from?
The name Ridge53 is inspired by the climb along the southeast RIDGE of Everest in 1953 by Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay. For centuries, climbing the highest mountain in the world posed the greatest challenge to mankind. Through their commitment and endurance, Hillary and Norgay reached the top of the world.
When Ridge53 bags were first produced in 2003, we wanted to pay homage to this wonderful achievement. We are committed to producing for you the best possible products for your outdoor journeys. Whether you are climbing mountains or walking to school, Ridge 53 products provide you with the confidence to conquer your greatest challenges.
Ridge53 is distributed by Sportech, a leading distributor of sports goods and accessories in Ireland.
Sportech is a fully Irish-owned company, established in February 1999 by Jordan O'Sullivan and Gary Jermyn, both of whom are executive directors involved in the day-to-day running of the business.
The success of our business over the last 10 years has been based on:
- Distributing only top quality products and brands
- Providing a bridge between our suppliers and our network of retailers
- Focussing on the changing needs of the end-consumer of our products
- We are proud to have successfully established the following brands in the Irish market: Mikasa, Penfold Golf, Ridge 53, Lancast, Outhorn, 4F ,Harrows, Ultimate Performance & 1000 mile socks. We also have developed and extended our own–brand range of Ridge53 sports accessories.
The key members of the Ridge53 team are:
- Jordan O’Sullivan (managing & sales director)
- Gary Jermyn (finance director)
- Gary Sliney (territory manager)
- Siobhan Kellaghan (office manager)
- Sandra Harvey (accounts and credit control)
- Chris Bicz (warehouse manager)
It is worth noting that all the members of the team have been with us since we commenced business in 1999. A tribute to our committed and loyal team!
We have built up a nationwide customer base of over 300 active retailers in Ireland, which includes large retailers and independents. We are represented in every major town in Ireland with an ever growing account base in England.
We are based in Maynooth Co. Kildare which allows easy access to Dublin Airport & Dublin Docks, and the major national routes to support nationwide distribution and next day delivery.
We have a 6,500 sq foot warehouse, office and showrooms, and access to a second overspill 5,000 sq foot neighbouring warehouse.
Sportech has built a successful business over the past 15 years based on the strength of our relationships with our customers, our business partners and our Ridge53 team. We are proud of the hard work we have done to break, develop and grow several top brands during this time.
If there is anything you would like to discuss with me – whether you are a brand, a supplier, a retailer, a sports club, a school or a customer of our products - please feel free to contact me.
(353) 87 251 2460